w6r1 done...not too bad!

I headed out early on Tuesday morning for my first run of week 6. I was really quite worried following my 5 days out of no exercise and a bit too much going out and knew it was going to have a negative impact on my running. In fact, I was very pleasantly surprised. I even found the first 5 minutes quite easy (what?!) although the 8 minutes were a little tougher, but I still managed it without too many problems. The last 5 minutes again were a bit tough but definitely doable and I even managed to quicken my pace a little. I must say I was quite anxious about this run as it is as I had seen quite a few posts with people saying they had found this one really tough. With this in mind I definitely lowered my pace a little, trying not to get overconfident after my 20 minute run last week! Even so, I ran my furthest yet so I was very pleased with myself! I have scheduled my run 2 for tomorrow evening when I expect it will be very warm so not particularly excited for that one...but I am looking forward to the final run of this week...25 minutes!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...