I tried Laura's Speed!

As it was hot I wasn't too keen on doing so much today so decided to try Speed as it was a lot shorter. As an older runner I tend to do around 12-11 min miles but managed to speed up to around 10.5 min miles. The run was short and sweet shall we say as it only lasted 16 minutes in total and I only went 1.5 miles but better than not going at all.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Thanks for that. I've yet to try Speed but I found Audiofuel's Pyramid 180 surprisingly accessible on days when I feel I haven't got it in me for a long run - that's 15 minutes and the 'sprints' are very short with lovely, lovely walking 'if you need to' (and I do!) in between. Sounds as though Speed would fit that bill nicely too - and worth people bearing in mind if they haven't got much time.

• Thanks GoogleMe - will give Pyramid 180 a try too.

• I tried the speed podcast and was slightly dismayed to find that Laura's slow bits were faster than my usual plod. I did really enjoy running intervals again though so might try some of the early C25K with slow/faster running instead of walking. I haven't tried audiofuel but might now. :-)

• I agree pingle. It is all much faster than I usually run but can manage to get to the end with this one as it is much shorter. Had to have a few short "cheats" with Stepping Stones and Stamina which strangely go up to the same speeds as Speed!

• I really enjoyed the Speed podcast too. It's a welcome change from the longer runs and I think doing it once a week will really help build speed during the other two runs.

GoogleMe - where can I find the Audiofuel Pyramid 180 podcast? It sounds good :-)

You may also like...