Stepping stone - sweatathon

I graduated a few weeks ago and have been increasing the length of time I was running - was up to 42 mins and feeling very pleased with myself. I thought the Stepping Stone 30 min run would be a doddle. Naturally I was wrong. Have just done it for the second time this week and am absolutely purple and sweating profusely. I have done all my sums (i keep a geeky yet proud chart) and my average pace is faster than ever before which I am so pleased about! Really want to get to 5k in 30 mins but half my run is uphill so have a bit more work to do! What does everyone think of Stepping Stone?

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yes I blogged about this yesterday, pace seemed really fast, thought I needed 4 legs instead of two (horse galloping came to mind). Couldn't keep up with it but found my own level of keeping up for a short while then dropping back to my normal slow pace, then upping it again each time Laura spoke. Will take a while to complete it properly but you have done really well.

You should apply for your graduation badge against your name. Well done.

• I struggled with this, too and had to stop 5 minutes before the end when Laura put the pace up for the third time! I'm going to continue alternating 5k+ podcasts with re-doing c25k running at my usual speed for the walking intervals and speeding up for the running parts so I hope that in another 9 weeks I'll be running at a continuous, respectable pace. We'll see :)

• Yes, I think that I will do the stepping stones twice a week until I can cope with the pace and do my third run at my sloth pace - so I can run a bit further! I too suddenly became really conscious of my galloping feet! Not quite sure I was getting the 1234 beat quite right. I would actually like Laura to repeat more often!

You may also like...