I did it! Last run completed, a total of 35.02 minutes covering 5.2k. Gutted it took me over the 30 minutes and as I am quite a competitive person, even with myself, my mood is soured by my own perceived 'failure' but I will try & focus on the positives.
So yes, little old me, a graduate of C25K. Am off to request my green badge of honour. Must get dog a treat too as he completed it with me too
So what has changed for me since C25K
1. I am more confident in the challenges I can take on - heck if I can run I can do anything.
2. My feet have become tools to run and are no longer manicured and nice - they are covered in blisters (both new & old), callauses and corns. Weirdly I am quite proud of these - Anyone feel the same as me?
3. My weight has increased even though my clothes still fit???
4. My most expensive shoes are no longer 'girly' shoes, my running shoes that are all muddy & stink and fit like a second skin are the shoes that are most loved now.
5. I love running, I love the endorphins it gives, I love the struggle of the first 10 minutes and the buzz of the final 60 seconds. I love the wind on my face and the sun and the rain. I love the ache of my muscles the day after. I love the way my body has changed - I'm even getting abs!! I love wearing skirts & dresses and showing off my new shapely pins :D. I actually just love running!!!!!!!!