Cat on the track

Weekends are for non standard runs and I decided to try a bit of a longer run today. So when I got to the park instead of going all the way round and then along the road to the school, I cut through some streets to get to another park which is really the grounds of a former castle (laid out by Playfair according to the website). I ran up the drive and then headed for the path round the gardens. I could see something on the middle of the track ahead of me. At first I thought it was a sack or bag of some sort but as I got nearer I realised it was a cat. As I was now almost on top of it and it was showing no signs of moving I wondered if it was dead. What do you do with a dead cat when you are out for a run? Does this feature on the best seller '101 uses of a dead cat'? Fortunately for me (and the cat) just as I was thinking about this and how I might run round it and avoid the issue altogether, the cat woke, staggered about a bit not knowing where to turn and generally getting in my way so I almost tripped over it. It wasn't as if it was a sunny spot it was lying on just fairly long grass up the middle of a muddy track. If it had been human I'd've said it was hungover, maybe it wasn't well or just not used to being disturbed on a Sunday morning. I've had encounters with dogs before, including getting tangled up with one of these retractable lead things, but never a cat.

Looking at my times in Endomondo, for 4 or the 5k I managed at a bit over 6min/k and one at over 7min/k and that I'm putting down to the cat on the track!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Some of our cats could sleep for England to gold medal standard, so your story does not surprise me in the least! Sounds like a good run - mine was a disaster, too many people on bikes ...

You may also like...