Cracked ribs worth it now doing 5K

I started trying to lose weight in Febuary. I started using a fitbit to make me more active. At the start of March I started this program. I got to the last few seconds of run 1 and tripped I hit the ground with a thud and cracked my ribs.

I carried on walking and lost more weight and started running again at the end of April. I was 53 when I started my fitness campaign and 17 stone. 7lbs. I now weigh 15 stone and a few ounces. I have not exercised since my 20's. I am sure many others on the site have done even more but I would just like to say if I can do this anyone can.

Thanks for all the input on this forum it really helps. I hope to stick around and go for the 10k.

Best wishes to all

Steve

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done for carrying on exercising after cracking your ribs, that would have been a really could excuse to stay on the couch.

I will be looking out for your 10k blogs!

• Goodness on week 1 I felt as if my ribs were broken as I was gasping for breath, well done you to carry on when you must have been in terrible pain. Amazing weight loss too, you must feel and look like a different person. I admire your focused attitude too already looking forward to 10K runs, great stuff, well done.

• You Da Man! That's is so amazing, you have worked so hard. Such an inspiration. x

• Thanks for your kind comments. I could not have done it on my own. I have to admit I am not sure I will ever truly love running but I love the feeling afterwards.

• Awesome, if cracking a rib on your first run doesn't put you off nothing will, Olympic 5000 metres 2016 on the list?

Heroic!

• Well done for your determination and sheer bloody mindedness at not giving up! I'm in awe! Inspirational! :-)

You may also like...