Couch to 5K
65,153 members98,441 posts

past 5K now!

Can't really believe it, but I ran 5.5K this morning, as my first run of ju-ju- 's 10K plan detailed over on the Bridge to 10K forum. Amazed at where I am 8 months after strapping on my planks-with-laces and going out for my first ever run, using the "wrong" C25K app, and radio 2 for company. I bought running shoes immediately afterwards!

I know some people have pushed for more distance sooner, but I am happy pootling along a couple of days a week. It's given me more mental and physical fortitude than I ever thought possible.

Newbies - running can be truly transformational! Keep going x

13 Replies
oldestnewest

Woo hoo icklegui....great run, ju ju's plan is brilliant 😊x

1 like

Pootling is just perfect and you are doing perfectly brilliantly :) x

2 likes

That's great, go you! 😄

2 likes

Great stuff icklegui You're so right to have a pootle while consolidating your 30 minute runs. There's plenty of time later for increasing distance.

1 like

Well, it depends what people are motivated by - perhaps i'm just not that ambitious! I took my sweet time over c25k and then to hit 5K. But I feel ready now for the progression of the 10k plan. Still pootling though, I doubt I'll keep up with the plan proper!

2 likes

You’re absolutely right. One thing I found really frustrating was that when I first ran 5k people then asked if I was doing 10k, or doing a race, or going for sub 30. What I wanted to do was just be happy running.

You don’t have to be ambitious. Just enjoy what you’re doing.

Happy Running 🏃🏽‍♀️ 👍🏽🤓

3 likes

Great reply, Razouski! I am definitely in that school of running and so happy with it (for now) I runs for the joy. 😀 x

2 likes

I so agree .. when I finished C25K I joined the B210K forum but felt a fraud as had not “even” done 5k. You have to build it up the way you want to and go as far as you want to. Took me 2 months to achieve 5k not because I couldn’t (although I probably couldn’t!) but because I did not want to.

Happy Running 🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️

1 like

Yes, did the same! Not sure now many months I took for my 5k either, post-grad, I prioritised going out for the runs but not for pushing for distance. Am still trying to increase frequency of before-work running, for instance!

Brilliant stuff, what an achievement . Well done you keeping running for the distances you likes way more than important than trying to meet other people’s goals. You run for you and no-one else.

Congrats

2 likes

I have been known to dedicate a run to this lovely forum, though :)

1 like

True enough I think we all do from time to time👍

1 like

Beautiful. And well done on your 5.5k run! That’s not to be sniffed at! It takes stamina and strength and you got both. Good work, Ickle, good work.🏃‍♀️👏 xx

1 like

You may also like...