Yah!!! I did it I graduated week 9 run 3 completed

Yipee I feel like dancing in the street. I did it, at the start of this there is no way I thought I would get to complete this never mind doing 3.29 miles in the 30mins. I am still off the ciggies and I can say that is definately down to couch to 5k, it will be a month on frid since I stopped. Its hard to imaging when I started couch to 5k first I used to go home and have a ciggie afterwards........Next step I am going to start adding 5mins every week so that I can build up my stamina to run 10k in September. To anyone out there who thinks they cant do this please persevere, believe me it is worth it, I feel like I just won a gold medal lol. Well on nighshift tonight so I had better go and catch some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's however, first I have to apply for my graduation badge. Happy running :)

5 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Congratulations! What a great distance you covered too and good on you for giving up the ciggies :D Enjoy your sleep.

• Wonderful achievement! Now go and spread the word to all your friends about the new, healthier lifestyle you have adopted :) Well done, jooniemac and lovely to hear you're planning bigger and greater things. Let us know how you get on with your efforts to run 10k

• Well done for both the C25k completed and the giving up smoking. You must be glowing! I gave up smoking in 2001, going from a packet a day to zero using the Allen Carr method. Before doing C25K it was almost the best thing I ever did for myself. It was liberation! Now I'm getting the same sort of buzz from running and proving to myself I can do something I never thought possible. You too? I hope you have a fantastic celebration after your work!

• Hoorah to you!! Brillant speed as well. Keep it up and good luck for training for 10k.

• fantastic much flag waving and fanfares what a great time too.

Good luck with your future training keep us posted.

You may also like...