Feeling proud

This week I've started an internship, and the first three days were a residential. The hotel we were at had a gym, and whilst I was supposed to go for a run on Monday, I couldn't bring myself to go, I was too exhausted from the long journey there on Sunday.

Tuesday morning I was lovingly woken up at 4am by a very noisy guest (although I'm not entirely sure what it was, since it was continuous walking/crashing for the whole of the day and night), and after lying awake until 6, I got myself to the gym whilst everyone else was still asleep.

I had been quite nervous about using a treadmill for my run, but it was a lovely change of style! I took the advice I was given on here, and put the incline to 1% (1.5 at first, but I flaked out after the first run). I had a bit of a struggle trying to work out the correct speeds for me, but since I was starting week 3, I didn't have to change speed much.

The prospect of the three minute run was very daunting, but I completed the entire 25 minutes or so without any issues at all! I felt great, wasn't tired out at any point. I think I may have gone a bit slower than normal, since I didn't cover much ground, but I have never felt so proud of myself before.

Week 3 run 2 was this morning, and whilst I found it more of a struggle because back at this accommodation it's quite hilly, I finished the runs and am still looking forward to my next run!

Really hoping this attitude is maintained and that I progress as well each section!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good on you for getting on with it considering a rough nights sleep! You know you most be motivated when that doesn't put you off :)

• Well done, keep up the good work.

You may also like...