5k Race for life done tonight. So proud,truly a proper graduate now!

Well I did it.....5k and so proud to have kept going. 47 mins....slow for many but so pleased. Can you see my Cheshire cat grin from here?

I've been a plodder all the way through this plan but i'm so glad I found it. Maybe the speed will come in time, but who cares!!!

I ran tonight in memory of a dear friend who passed away due to cancer two weeks ago so it's been emotional....so the biggest smile is just for her.x

7 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Oh that is so lovely! You friend would be very proud of you. That is a fantastic achievement and one that I hope to do too in 2 weeks. Your time is very similar to mine I think - power to the plodders! :)

• Well done. I've got my Race for Life on 1st July. I will still be on week 8 so it remains to be seen what sort of time I'll post and whether I'll even be able to keep running. Your friend would be very proud of you, I'm sure.

• well done - all I could see in one sentence was "I did it!!" - never mind how long it took you, you did it. You did yourself and your friend very proud.

• Really good achievement, must of been quite emotional. Just keep plodding well done.

• Well done! Inspirational. Collect your graduate badge with pride.

• Thanks to you all - plodding seems my thing but at least i'm off the couch! It was emotional, crossed the line and promptly burst into tears....such a wuss! Hope you all have a great time if you are doing a Race for life. Fantastic time and good laughs to be had!

• well done you! In some ways you have worked harder than the faster ones as you are already running for longer periods of time which takes just as much effort! I did the race for life on Sunday and found it an amazing experience! Well done!

You may also like...