W6R3 completed whooohoooo!!!!

I did it! Can't believe I have just run for 25 mins. I even managed to do what Laura suggested and up the pace for the last 1 minute. Plus I can finally tell I'm getting fitter as even the hills didn't seem too bad, although I do slow to crawl going up them. So for all runners just starting on this fantastic programme believe me you can do it. I would never have thought I would reach this stage after huffing and puffing my way through the first weeks, now I really believe I will be able to run for 30 mins by the end of the 9 weeks. Bye the way I am 57 and have never run in my life before now so don't let age be a barrier either. I feel so proud of myself.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Well done you. I have that run to do on Saturday. After completing the 20min run at the end of week 5 I have some faith that I too will be able to run for 25mins, however unlikely that seemed at the beginning of the programme!

• Congratulations! I will be doing W6R3 this evening when I get home, so your message has given me inspiration.

• Good luck frankers 74 and Miss_T_Ide. You will do it. Just take it easy to start with so you have enough energy left to finish.

• Great Blog, well done. I should be running that one towards the end of the week. You will be my inspiration for that one.

You may also like...