Run 2 of Week 8,

After not being able to start this run yesterday, I decided to go for it today. Still very tough to begin with, will those first 5/10 minutes ever get any easier???.

Got into an even stride and really pushed myself after the first 10 minutes untill the last 5 minutes then I had to slow pace down.

Remember thinking how hard and how I really wanted those last 5 minutes to hurry up, but carried on and kept on smiling and as I was running next to main road I was able to distract myself a bit watching the cyclists go past that were taking part in the London to Brighton bike ride.

But even though I couldn't wait for the session to end I really do enjoy it and can't believe how far I've come on this journey, I'm getter fitter, just wish I was losing weight, but that will happen.

The bonus for me today was that my legs weren't as stiff and only a slight pain in right hip compared to before.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • I'm so impressed, can't wait till I get to week 8 - it seems like a long time to be running when you're still doing 90 seconds at a time!

You may also like...