Hello all, newbie here

So I have just completed Week 1 Run 1. It felt really good...I'm hoping that my motivation holds and I do all 3 runs this week. I think my main challenge is going to be fitting it in around work (I do a lot of hours at home).

I used to run a fair bit, and did a half marathon a couple of years ago (very slowly). However, now I have put on a lot of weight (I'm 12st 3lb and the top acceptable weight for my height is 9st 10lb - eep).

Any inspiring stories from people would be very welcome! Though I have browsed a few blogs already and it looks like you have to take the smooth with some rough :-)

7 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Sorry, I think having done a half marathon makes YOU the inspiring one, no matter how slow!

• Only just finished W1 myself but there's no way I could've done or even thought about a half marathon kudos to you :)

• Hi EmMcBean,

There are lots of inspiring stories on here. Well done on having done a half in the past, you will know what you are letting yourself in for then - and still you come back to the game, well done you!

Good luck!

CaroleC

• Hi,

as Carole said, there are lots of inspiring stories to help you stay motivated and do your second half marathon. I am training myself for the Marathon next January.

Welcome to the program and keep us posted on your progress !

• I'm starting week 1 next week, just came back from my holiday so I'm on recovery from that this week and starting afresh next week.

• Thanks everyone! It's really great to have a friendly forum for some support! I'm going out on W1R2 right now :-)

• Interested to hear how you found run 2 โ€“ I just did it yesterday and found it quite hard going โ€“ will push forward to run 3 tomorrow but wondering if I should stick in week 1 for a few weeks till it feels a bit better.

You may also like...