Week 6 run 2, not so smug and mild anxiety building up

Nothing remarkable to report, ran the 2x 10minutes. Mindful to listen to Laura to slow down and pace myself as really scared of not achieving the run time-so go much slower (if thats possible!). More breathless for the 5 minute cool down, but wasnt totally prepared before after rushing from work etc. Anxiety linked to Laura talking about 25 minutes next run. Im not as scared as before the 20 mins, and becuase I managed that Im sure I can do 25-just dont like the thought of it. Find it helps to turn the volume up and keep plodding on...

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Honestly don't worry, just go as slow as you like so you achieve the run and then you can always do it faster another time if you feel able. Stay calm and don't panic and you'll be fine. :)

• Thankyou and congrats on graduating!

• Its a mental battle...change your run route - I did that for week 7 run 1 tonight and found the change of scenery much better. I find that turn the volume up and concentrate on your running rhythm and its all good. Well, ish! :)

• Thanks,I agree with changing the route, I tend to do this now,otherwise I get savvy to knowing I have to run to that corner for 5 minutes etc, which just makes me worse-i quite like the unknown!

You may also like...