Race for Life my first official 5K achieved yahoooooooooo

This has been an amazing day. My goal in March was to run the Race for Life with my daughter, that was before I had heard about C25K. I have to say that without this programme and all your amazing support I really dont think I would have run all the way round today. The going was quite tough with roads and very long grass (at least 6 inches long!!!) but I just kept thinking that I was not going to stop as I wanted to be able to blog that I had done it! I have ended up with a blister on my foot but that is such a small price to pay. As for my time............38 mins :) not bad for an oldie.

20 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Well done thats a fabulous time.

• Thank you :)

• Well done to you. my race is 15th July and i'm aiming for 38 minutes, hope i can do it too

• You can do it I have no doubt :)

• Well done, what an achievement!

• Thank you :)

• Well done!!! were you in Darlington? x

• No Bristol on Clifton Downs - it was a bit chilly1

• I used to live in Bristol isnt that where they fly kites? I did Darlington Race for Life today and it sounded as wet and muddy as yours - 6" grass in our fields too and the BIGGEST ddandelion leaves ive ever seen... all I could think of was " ooh my guinea pigs wpould love those!" :-) xx

• I hope you had time to pick some for them lol

• Congratulations :) what an achievement!

• Great stuff! Well done!

• Well done, 38 minutes is great, hope I can do about that time in July. :)

• Thanks everyone - you are all great :)

• Awesome, well done! You're definitely an inspiration to me (still rather new to this, and on week 2).

• This is a great programme, if I can do it then anyone can :) The furthest that I could run was 100yds when I was at school and now I can run 5K it really is amazing and all thanks to Laura and the community who have supported me throughout as they will you. Keep running and enjoy :)

• Congratulations and a great time - hope I can do as well on my first 5K too.

• Thank you - I am sure you will do well - keep blogging to let me know :)

• CONGRATULATIONS - to both of you. Glad it went well and what a fantastic time! (truth be told the grass is worrying me for my race for life too!)

• It might be worth taking a lawn mower with you lol :) when is your race for life?

You may also like...