Week 4

Well I did week 1 last week on Thursday but due to life couldnt get run week 2 until last night.

OMG running for five minutes, this had me more scared than most things at work. It was tough and I really wanted to stop. I took lauras advice and slowed down a bit on the second set and got through it.

I felt great after that, completing it seemed to get rid of the aches and pains I had while running. :)

Week 2 last night was still quite tough but felt a bit better. I started out a bit slower but kept the same pace (as much as possible) through it all.

Just cannot believe I am actually running/jogging/lumbering for 16 minutes.

Oh and a weight loss update, as of Friday, I am at 21 stone, 2 stone down from my starting weight in April.

I feel so much better I can walk around without getting out of breath, actually go up stairs. I have a pretty good walking pace now too :)

Thanks for the support here, it really helps. Nice to have someone to share all this with.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's amazing isn't it? It feels really good to be able to walk around and up stairs with a quick recovery. Well done ;)

• Fantastic! You must be very proud. It doesn't matter how you cover the distance, mine is more of a shuffle! Good luck! :)

• Well done you thats brilliant.

• Well done, thats excellent.

• Well done, keep going, slow is the answer as the time increases

You may also like...