I've had a great week! 6 down and on to 7

Hello fellow non couchies. I have enjoyed going back to intervals after the exhausting 20 minute run in week 5. Today was week 6 run 3 a run that I had not been in to much of a hurry to do as I found the previous long run tiring. I really like the intervals, but the weather was much cooler and today was the day to face 25 minutes without the tantrums of the week 5 run. I had got over that mental challenge and so I couldnt really make a fuss about another little 5 minutes could I?

It was really fine and I don't feel like the only place I need to be is bed! I knew that I could run for 20 minutes and reasoned with myself this wasn't much different. So on I go to week 7 - unbelievable - and three 25 minute runs.

One thing I noticed was that as my legs got tired and I had another 5 minutes to go I changed my style a bit, I was using my thighs much more than before as I think you use more energy this way so I tend to put a lot of the strain on my lower leg! Not really sure what I'm talking about, just noticed a change. Maybe I can experiment during week 7. Gosh week 7! Me!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Well done! Week 9 before you know it! :)

You may also like...