The lows and highs of week 6

What did week 6 have in store? I was a bit unsure of what to expect after the highs of W5R3 but I have seen a lot of posts on here about how difficult week 6 can be.

Life got in the way and was struggling to fit run 1 in my normal schedule and then a light bulb moment - I can do my run on the way to my errand and it just so happens that this is where my local parkrun is held so I can do a recce as well! In theory fantastic idea, really nice part of the shore, wide paths, fantastic views on a summers evening, the only problem was this was a driech Tuesday night and I just about froze. It took a really long time to get moving and generally huffed and puffed my way through it. Not a happy bunny. Week 6 is horrible!

Still run 2 would be better. Not really, for the first time since I started this programme I really felt like packing in after a couple of minutes, legs were like lead. Still I battered on and quite glad I did, bit surprised at the distance covered and even managed to zone out for a few minutes. Week 6 is getting better.

Then, of course we have run 3, expecting to do 23 minutes and discovered it was 25 (gulp) now it’s getting serious. Sounds a bit strange but found things a bit easier without the walking break, just as well no more of them now. Made it to the end then with those words you really want to hear “you are a runner now”. Week 6 might not be that bad after all.

Onwards and upwards, Happy Running everyone!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done you for battling on. I've just finished week 6 too and like you thought I had to run for 22 mins and then discovered it was 25! Bit horrified but managed it and felt so chuffed to hear Laura say I was a runner. Keep up the good work!

• I am also on week 6 - completed W6R2 today in the wind and rain - very hard going, couldn't believe that I would find ten minute intervals so difficult after last week's high. I'm so grateful for other people's posts about week 6, knowing that I wasn't the only one who is finding it a challenge kept me going. Even though it is hard going we haven't given up, we should be very proud of ourselves, who would have believed that in 6 weeks we would have progressed this far! We can make it x

You may also like...