Week 1 DONE! running is 'Dope!'

Week 1 is under my belt and I feel FANTASTIC!!! Bring on week 2! I just can't believe that I was out and running at 8am this morning... Such a change from the old me! I go back to work after a year on maternity leave in 2 weeks time which I have been getting really depressed about... Now I have a new energy it seems to be affecting my attitude towards everything.... I think running is going to change my life.... After just 1 week I feel so excited, I hope that I can maintain this level of motivation. I've booked myself into a 5k for life in mid July... I'll be around week 7 of the programme so I don't think I have the ability to run the course, so my plan is to follow wherever I am on the coach to 5k programme.... Running is 'dope' I which I had got of my couch sooner!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Blimey race booking in week one! Do like it when the running loonacey starts for folks. :) enjoy

• Hehe! Im starting week 2 tomorrow and I love it too! :D

• I feel exactly the same! I'm on maternity leave too and determined to shift the bulge. I hope we all still feel like this in a few weeks time!

• I know what you mean about new energy. I 'm starting week two tomorrow morning and feel so good about it. I really admire your courage to go ahead and book a 5k already! I hope you enjoy it.

Yes, why did I wait 33 years (since leaving school) to get off my backside?

• SHAZAAMMM! You got the bug girlfriend! :)

• Thanks peeps! This is one bug I hope I keep forever! X

You may also like...