I did it!

Survived W1R3 and feel great about it! who would have thought this time last week that i would be confident enough to just get off my comfy recliner and just do it.

I even deviated off the quiet lane I had been plodding along and went along a route past a playing field of teens kicking a rugby ball about.

Considering it is so hot and the footpaths I am using are the busiest in the evening, I feel that if I can do it now it can only get better!

Just annoyed I have rubbed a blister on my ankle with the rib of my flippin' socks! Grrr.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done, you have got the bug already. It's amazing what confidence this programme gives you i also am not too bothered who sees me i just do my thing. On to week 2 then. Good luck

• well done on to wk2.

• Well done ! I've learnt not to care what anyone else thinks of me when I'm running - it's very liberating !

I haven't had blisters since starting the program - you might want to treat yourself to "proper" running socks - quite inexpensive at Sports Direct and they do make a difference.

You may also like...