getting technical!

Bought a smart phone at the weekend cos it seemed the cheapest way of being able to track runs with gps and all! Managed to get a teenager to show me how to have music and map my run on at the same time and had a successful run on Monday - but it turned out I was pretty slow! So I set off this morning determined to have better statistics at the end...... have somehow managed to put the songs on repeat so after listening to the same song 3 times worked out how to skip onto the next.... however I got half way through - just over 2.1 km when I either turned the gps off when I went tried to skip to the next song - again, or the gps didn't like me going around a field and tuned itself off. SO when I got back it said i'd gone 2.4km in 30 mins when I know it was more like 4km. Technology aghhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Should mapmyrun automatically upload my run to it's internet page or do I have to do something else! Think I might have a go with runkeeper next and see how successful that is!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Endomondo works well for me. tell it to start - run - tell it to stop. It does the rest. My kind of app.

You may also like...