Adders' C25K Event! - Tally and Next Decision

Well this is where I think we are at........

Episode 1 : Southern Softies + Brave Northern Adoptees

Adders Essex

Mirella Surrey

Greg_M Surrey

TJFlute Kent

AliB1 Kent

PatButcher Devon

Bxster Lincolnshire

BTX4 Hampshire

Burstcouch

icandothis Sussex

Misstrolly Buckinghamshire

bizzyb Dorset

gypsydepp Hampshire

Poppy95 Cambridge

juicydee West London

Tapira

Minuette Manchester

JR21

StLaura London

JennieJ London

AndyStev

Bonnie68

NoMoreKebabs Derbyshire

Random1984

Deryn61

Tapira

Anonymous36

casdix

ribena-berry Soton

Rose885

Blueboots

kathycullen

HumptyD

Rockshammer Essex

Magster

CouchChip Leeds

Episode 2 : Rise of the North

AnnaJ York

Rose885 Scotland

Christian1

Stealthrunner

MaryAB Leeds

LucyLocket10 Newcastle

Becka25

No one suggesting anything other than Crystal Palace Park yet? So it seems like it might be the one? Never been there personally but seemed convenient and had a ParkRun so you can at least run there.

We have been working the assumption we all want a run! Is that a valid assumption?

So the next mission should anyone care to accept it is that we need to figure out a date.

Presumably we are going to be bloomin' lucky to find one which suits everyone so I would propose from the list below everyone tells me which they can do and I will tally up and the one that most people can do gets the nod?

So for Episode 1:-

The next lot of Sat and Sundays are:

19-May-12Saturday

20-May-12Sunday

26-May-12Saturday

27-May-12Sunday

02-Jun-12Saturday

03-Jun-12Sunday

09-Jun-12Saturday

10-Jun-12Sunday

16-Jun-12Saturday

17-Jun-12Sunday

23-Jun-12Saturday

24-Jun-12Sunday

30-Jun-12Saturday

01-Jul-12Sunday

07-Jul-12Saturday

08-Jul-12Sunday

14-Jul-12Saturday

15-Jul-12Sunday

21-Jul-12Saturday

22-Jul-12Sunday

28-Jul-12Saturday

29-Jul-12Sunday

04-Aug-12Saturday

05-Aug-12Sunday

11-Aug-12Saturday

12-Aug-12Sunday

18-Aug-12Saturday

19-Aug-12Sunday

25-Aug-12Saturday

26-Aug-12Sunday

01-Sep-12Saturday

02-Sep-12Sunday

08-Sep-12Saturday

09-Sep-12Sunday

Vote Away : Provisional Tally Sunday.

19 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am really interested in this but we have a few weekend and holidays planned do will wait to see what date is announced and can hopefully fit in

• Me too !

• I say saturday 4th or sunday 5th August when the kids are on school holidays and I can possibly turn the weekend into a short break. I'm quite flexible but I think August would be better as it gives us plenty of time to plan this and get organised.

I'm near Leeds so I guess I'm north. I may do the south one though and go visit my family in Cornwall while I'm in the south.

• If you're down and I'm fit to run, I'll do one with you anonymous36!! Just stop at Saltash lol.

CaroleC

• My family are Camborne and beyond so I'll definitely be passing at some point ;)

• I meant to add, if you want to message me options rather than publish your holiday dates on the internet for all to see then feel free!

• Will message you Greg...

Great idea.

• I just want to point out that getting in and out of london during the Olympics weeks will be a nightmare.

Dates of Olympics are 25 July- 12 August (this is the closing ceremony date)

Paralympics 29th August- 9th September

• I've only just come across this although living in the far NE Scotland its just not practicable for me to even contemplate due to distance. But if I may suggest to others that have the same problem why not join ParkRun and try and meet up at one or several of their meets throughout the UK during the summer months? Dates and venues could be more flexible. Just a thought.

• Informal early feedback is suggesting September right now.....darned Olympics, whose idea was that!

More to follow.......

• September is a great month (it's my birthday month) and we will all be better runners by then. I messaged you with my dates.

• September sounds great. Will message dates later this weekend.

Thanks for taking control Greg

• September good for me too

Thank you Greg

• I think you had better take me off the list. I have come down with some flu-bug type thing. So I feel as weak as a kitten and it takes all my energy to climb the stairs! I'll probably have to start from the beginning again after this as I'd only just got to W4R1 before I was struck down, so cannot see me managing 5K by September. (30 minutes maybe, but I am a very slow runner :-) )

• don't let that put you off! it will be about taking part...doesn't matter if you cant' do 5k

• Greg, I can do any date in September

• September is good for me but I am doing the Great North Run (eeekk!) on the 16th so not then! :)

• Wow! That's really exciting! Good luck with the training.

• Thanks!! I'm running a 5.6 mile part in the Edinburgh marathon relay a week today which seems a much more manageable distance!

13.1 miles scares me, I needs to stop hanging out with proper runners who get me into these situations!!!

You may also like...