Post-graduation slackness

Since graduating almost 3 weeks ago, I am embarrassed to say I've only run twice. The weather, a heavy cold and a social event has meant I've slacked right off. Went on a short run yesterday, but with my long-legged 21 year old daughter, who can't run as far as me (yet) but boy, does she run a lot faster....... Losing my mojo a bit and this awful weather really isn't helping.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It's not helping is it? I came home from work today, meaning to go out for a run and just couldn't face it.

At least you've been out a couple of times and keeping it 'ticking over'.

Hopefully brighter days will be on the way and it'll make us leap up and want to run!

• You just need to get back into the swing of things - hopefully the weather will soon improve!

• You'll soon get back into it! Think you might have to consider running in the rain tho! It is fine once you get going - I recommend a baseball type cap (wouldnt have seen me in one of those before running!) to keep the rain out of your eyes!

I found I lost a bit of oomph a few weeks after graduating so signed up for a 10k (I did one 5k parkrun first) and downloaded a training programme from Runner's World. That has kept me motivated and I haven't missed a run since, apart from a 10 day break due to a chest infection.

• You and me both! Since graduating I have had really painful knees and a dreadful cough. I still have both although the knees aren't as bad as they were :)

I have been out a couple of times but not for a solid 30min run, more fun stuff. Have also been to the gym twice.

I am thinking of going back to some intervals to start with more for the knees than anything else. Hoping that then I can get back to 30 mins quite quickly.

Maybe the new podcasts will help us keep it up when they come out?

You may also like...