Ive found my Shiny Happy place!

Well, thats it week 8 run 1 done and I did it 4.5 k in 38 minutes!!!! And in the rain. Again! It was a much better run today, found my happy place and stayed there, it was really odd up till now I have really struggled with the last 5 minutes but today I didnt, although when Laura said that I could speed up if I wanted to, I ignored her! Happy xx

Keep going everyone x

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Good work, debssey. Not long to go now!

• Well done you! I'm a little bit behind you, W7R3 is next, so good to see all is going well. You help keep me going!

• Keep going xx I'll look for your blogs. We are nearly there!

• Well done debssey.

All that hard work is now paying off.

You'll have your graduation badge before you know it :)

• Thank you everyone. Can't think what will happen when I have to run in the dry though!

• I know! I always feel like saying to Laura "Seriously, did you see me struggling for the last 27 minutes? Like I can speed up now!!!!" - but the knowledge that there is only one to go always keeps the feet moving :-) Yay - I'm close to you - W8R3 next!

• Good luck!!! you can do it. Ill look for your blogs x

• Well done. Why does that last 60 seconds seem to last for hours once you hit the 25 minute runs? As for speeding up! Are you mad!!!!!! Avoiding a coronary is my main aim at that point.

Have my first W8 run tomorrow, hopefully I can do as well as you did.

• Yep, dont worry about the sppeding up bit! Think I shouted " bog off" loudly when she said that!

• I found that jumping up from the 25 min to 33 min resulted in my first injury... my knee getting a strain. I am looking forward to getting up to forty minutes. I will do a bit at a time though instead....

• Yep, I did the run then worked on my feet for 6 hours, now home and knees feel a bit achey, going to put them up tonight!

You may also like...