WK7R3 completed. Am I happy or sad ?

On Wednesday and I ran additional 3 minutes to get a sneaky 28 minute run in prior to WK8.

It was the first run where I monitored the distance and I managed 4.43km

Today I got a bit ahead of myself and thought if I run a bit quicker and manage another 28 minute run today I might get to 5K ??

Well it didn't go quite to plan. I must have run at a bit of a quicker pace as I was totally knackered after 25 minutes and stopped running and did the 5 minute warm down walk etc.

But I did manage 4.42km

So that's nearly the same distance (bar 10m) but 3 minutes quicker.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad. sad that I didn't make it to 5K or happy that I ran the same distance as Wednesday but 3 minutes quicker

Overall I'm happy to know that I can run a bit quicker and in time the fitness will get better and allow me to run a bit quicker for longer.

2 days off now before W8 starts

Here is a question for anyone. I have followed the C25K program now for 7weeks and I always run in the morning. In fact I get up get changed and go.....no drink no food just get up and go. I've never had cramps or the stitch etc

I was wondering, if I had breakfast first then left it 30 minutes or so, would I get any benefit.

I prefer the get up and go method because then its all over before the day has started and that kind of suits me,

5 Replies

• I'm also a get up and go person. I've noticed though that I'm faster if I run during the day (mainly weekends). It's always been like that. Maybe I'm fitter at weekends (more sleep) or I run better if I've eaten something.

Whatever it is I'm still a get up and go person and will be continuing like that. There's no way I'm coming home from work at some awful time and then going for a run. It might happen now and then but not on a regular basis. Better slow than not at all!

• I like to get up and go, I do always have some juice before going but not food and it is a treat to have breakfast when I get home. I don't get stitch either. When I have run after a meal, I leave it an hour and still had no ill effects. I am surprised at the distance and speed you are covering, impressive! However, maybe be a little careful because I have learnt to my cost that pushing very hard can result in injury - and that means no running at all!

I focus on my distances and I am happy with anything around 8 mins per km but last week, without trying, noted I am running faster at just over 6 mins per km. I graduated 25 weeks ago and when I graduated, I was covering 5k in 43 minutes. So I guess I am saying I have found speed rises naturally in the fullness of time and when I have tried to force myself to do more than is comfortable, my legs have told me off big time! Maybe u r super fit already and you are in a stride but be careful!! Julie

• Slow and steady is my mantra...always run first thing.. often the best bit of the day..supposedly. And... it does set me up for the challenges of a new day!

I have always run about an hour after a cup of tea and two digestive biscuits.. no problems at all...

I never really think about distance or time now I have graduated... but was running 5K in 30 mins in my graduation week. Now, I just enjoy myself with no pressure! I've probably slowed down now...duh...:)

Go you anyway...!!!

• Speedy Oldfloss as well😈 I think I'm going to be more like Joolie and need to really build up to 5 k in 30 mins!

• Sadly I don't have the luxury of a morning run - kids to see to and work to get to before silly oclock. So for me it's always after work and until recent days in the dark too. Figure if I can do this in cold and dark after a day at work I can achieve anything!

I always get home and go straight outo to get it out of the way before tea, usually have a quick cuppa with my hubby first.

You may also like...