Week 4 - Confidence and a Thank You

And that's it for Week 4!

Lucky for me I managed to get home from work inbetween rainfalls and had a dry run. Even though I took the same route as two days ago, MapMyRun tells me I ran 200m further. Hm, what switching the sides of the road makes...

It went really well. At the beginning I was feeling a light stitch but told myself to suck it up and run as long as it's not too bad. I followed Laura's breathing advice and the stitch dissapeared after a while.

At the end of the first 5-minute run I realised, that the voices in my head have become much more confident. They tell me: "You did 5 minutes already! No need to shy away from the following 3 minutes!" and I believe them. I KNOW I can do 5 minutes and I KNOW I'm not going to collapse afterwards! With the 5 minute run/3 minute walk "test run" next week, I think I'll be fine with 8 minutes. I feel much more confident than two days ago!

I'm still looking forward to every run. So far I've definitely succeeded in what I wanted to achieve with this programme: Get out of the house (without moaning and bitching...), get fit, feel much more relaxed and happy (!).

And because of that: A big THANK YOU to Laura, this community and the people behind the programme and the podcasts!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • A great upbeat blog. It is a wonderful programme for improving lives. You will be fine as you know. :)

• Well done you, its strange how we all feel benefits beyond just the physical fitness thing, the relaxed and happy vibe is such a bonus

You may also like...