Week5R1 - confidence trick?

Ran W5R1 today - and it was the easiest run of the program so far! Believe me I have not found it easy up till now, but today everything went so well, even my legs were not acting up. I felt could have carried on running (well I sneaked an extra 30 seconds before thinking Laura knows best).

Is this a gentle run to give us confidence for R2 & then the terrifying R3?

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I can't answer this as I have only done week 1 so far but I love your scepticism. I would think exactly the same way. But how about thinking, "Wow this running thing is really taking off. I flew through that run. Well done me"? No?

Well done from me anyway and all the best for R2 and R3.

• Thank you - I love the positive message! My fingers are firmly crossed for R2. Well done to you for achieving week1 - that's really the biggest step of all.

• Well done for getting to W5. I start my W5 tomorrow and haven't listened to the PC yet so don't know what it entails, but I found W4 not too bad really so hoping W5 will be ok

• and well done to you for getting to Week5. Good luck with the runs this week. Hope all goes well for you.

• I've just complete W3, and up till now I have just listened to the podcasts without checking beforehand what they entail. I just checked W4 and 5 now and I'm scared!

• Don't be scared of week4 - trust Laura, honestly its OK and I'm a real couch potato. You'll find your stamina has really developed. When she tells you that you've run more than you've walked, its an amazing feeling. Cant help with w5 - I'm petrified of R2 and trying not to imagine R3 - 20minutes!!!

You may also like...