Fit not Fat for 50: W4r1 outside for all to see

My week 4 is being spent on the west coast of Scotland so I have had to abandon the treadmill and face my demons - wobble-jogging outside for all to see. Aha - comes the lightbulb moment - let's get up early to avoid being seen, so 7.30am on Good Friday sees me running through the village. Where did those hills come from? But with Laura's encouragement I pushed myself and made it - yay! Later in the local shop: "Was that you jogging this morning?" Eek, have been rumbled on only my second outdoor run. Time to hold the head high. Whatever wobbles wobbles less than it did 3 weeks ago. I WILL be fit for 50. But it's definitely the beach on Wednesday

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I wear magic pants (see Bridget jones question) as an anti-wobble device

• Sounds perfect will definitely give magic pants a go!

• And I definitely wobble much less having graduated from C25K!! Keep going....!!

• That very thought is keeping me going!

• Well done! Looking forward to hearing what it's like to run on a beach :)

• Well it's unlikely to be barefoot in the cold and drizzle we are having here. But I'll post the 'results' when I've done it :-)

• well done you! Must go check out the Magic Pants thread

• Thank you! No opportunity to buy any magic pants this week so just keeping wobbling! :-)

• Well done! It's easy to make excuses not to do it when you are not in familiar surroundings.

• Thanks! This community is very encouraging :-)

You may also like...