I ran outside round my local park for 20 minutes this morning and I have been grinning ever since! :-))
Well, I think it happened something like this, and here follows a few happy ramblings:
1. Put your mind to it. It's a case of putting one foot ahead of the other and trusting the plan.
2. No excuses. I've been determined to run 3 times a week (unless injured or ill) and I have stuck with it. I've run on holiday, when staying with friends, in the rain, with a slight cold, and yes even when I've met with negativity.
3. Blog and jog! This community is fantastically supportive and if you are new to it I'd really advise you to post up your successes and failures. THANK YOU so much to all of you who have encouraged me.
4. A few 'treats' along the way. These have included a new strong pink top to detract from my beetroot face
5. A strange one this from someone who has shed 3.5 stones over the last nine months - throw away the scales and reach for the measuring tape or heart-rate monitor. I started interested in "fat', now I've shifted to being interested in "fit".
6. Believe in yourself. If I can get this far, aged 49 and a half, having started C25K as a bit of a fitness phobe who still carries about 2 extra stones....
Have a good running week everyone!