New to community- on week 7 need advice!!!

Hi all

I am new to community but have been on Programme since Oct 2011(!) a few things got in the way and I repeated week 4 and 5 about three times each, but am not givng up!!. I am at the point now where I can jog for the 25mins and I do not get too breathless but my legs feel like lead, and I swear an old man out walking his dog overtook me this morning towards the end of the run. Does this sound familiar to anyone? If I stick at it will I have a breakthough (she asks hopefully!) and be running like a gazelle?

Thanks

Div

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Div!

Firstly that's brilliant - getting to week 7 is a MAJOR achievement! Yes that all sounds VERY familiar! Stick at it!

I frequently get over taking by people who appear to be walking along at a leisurely pace. Today's run knowing I could go faster than I have in previous two (did Wk7R3 today) I pushed myself what I thought was really hard... and I did go a little faster - but the changes are small.

It might help to record/ measure your distance some how (I have an iphone but a bit of string on a map or using an online tracker like map my run would work too). Then you could see how you're improving.

A-M

• my advice is to keep it going rome wsnt built in a day.....its not easy building up fitness but now the weather is geting better you will find you will enjoy and try to run 2mins more every time you go out

• Overtaken by a walker, that sounds very familiar. Don't worry about it, you have done amazingly well, week 7 is a huge achievement. It's not about the speed or distance, just aim to keep going for the 30mins the other goals can come later. You are doing great :)

• it sounds very familiar - when I first start my legs feel so heavy to the point I think I cant keep going, and then bit by bit settle into it... you will find your own pace thats what counts - well done!

• Hi all

Thank you all for your advice and encouragement, I have completed week 7, and am doing the three runs again- as I am a glutton for punishment! week 7 R1(again) ran at a steady pace, and ran for an extra minute or so- in order to get to the end of the road I was on, I am using mapometer.com and am jogging 2.48 km in 25 minutes (so a bit of a speed issue!). My goals are to run 5KM with relative ease, then I will move onto getting the knees pumping a bit more! thanks again- you did make me laugh (which alos helps) :-)

You may also like...