Ouch πŸ™€: Got my running kit ready last night. I... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

122,257 members β€’ 152,236 posts

Ouch πŸ™€

Comfortnotspeed profile image

Got my running kit ready last night. I like to get prepared for my morning run. I was just feeling nicely smug and satisfied that all was in place for my 5 a.m. get up when I kicked the oak leg of the footstool. 😳🀬

I have run this morning although my little toe objected a bit. I think it’s going to go through an interesting colour scheme before it gets better.

14 Replies
β€’
Lara1972 profile image
Lara1972Graduate

Oh no that sounds painful, well done for continuing with your planned run. Wishing you and your toe a speedy recovery.

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator

Ouch indeed... I think many of us will empathise, with me it is chair legs or wheels on the bed bottom.... I have broken mine at least three times!

Once in France:)

healthunlocked.com/couchto5......

Maybe buddy it up to the next toe, if the pain isn't bad.. Very well done on your early run, what a great starts to your day!

Oohhh ouch. I loved reading your write up, it felt like being there 🌸😊🌸

Oldfloss profile image
OldflossAdministrator in reply to Comfortnotspeed

I am reading a lot of my past posts lately...it is great at this time when we are limited in our running locations:) Good to take you with me:)

Ouch indeed! Any time I do something to hurt myself (I am quite clumsy)I immediately have a panicky thought; 'will I be able to run?'

I know! That’s me too!πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

Dexy5 profile image
Dexy5Graduate

Ouch indeed comfortnotspeed. Hopefully just bruised, but doesn’t it hurt when that happens

Oh ridiculously!

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate

Ouch Comfort! For the littlest toe on the foot, the pain that is created when you stub or hit it is soooo disproportionate to its size! (Gosh, that's a big word for a Sunday morning). Hats off to you for doing your run though; I would probably have whimped out πŸ™„.

Hello Dolly-Dot, hope all is good with you?

The strange thing is when I ran the pain went away. Although my Brooks shoes are like running on air. Getting good running shoes was my last trip out before lockdown and I’m so glad I went πŸ™‚

Delly-dot profile image
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Comfortnotspeed

Hi. I had a good 28 mins run yesterday πŸ˜† which boosted my confidence again after a previously gruelling run. Should be back up to 30 minutes on my next run and then repeating that for a few runs before working on that 5k. You are doing brilliantly πŸ˜‰!

limberlou profile image
limberlouGraduate

Oooh I sympathise. I stumbled out of bed one morning and rammed the sliding wardrobe door between my 3rd and 4th toes. I had an amazing array of bruise colours for about 2 weeks. Well done on running with your sore toe but look after it now ... arnica gel if you have any ??

Arnica is a good call. Thank you! 😊

Phdgranny profile image
PhdgrannyGraduate

Owch !!!!

You may also like...