Into Week 8 πŸ˜€! Run 1 βœ…: Quite a simple run this... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
107,627 members β€’ 138,631 posts

Into Week 8 πŸ˜€! Run 1 βœ…

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate
β€’19 Replies

Quite a simple run this morning. I noticed the step up to the extra 3 minutes but slowed my pace and just kept going. I always finish my run on this route on a slight incline but I guess that will pay off in the long run.

I switched to Jo Whiley today and really enjoyed listening to her encouraging me. It's reassuring to know that her comments come from experience. I think I'll keep her running with me to the end of the 9 weeks now. πŸ˜ŠπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Happy running everyone!

19 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Imc50
Imc50Graduate

Good pacing DD you kinda do it automatically πŸ™‚ another step closer πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Imc50

I can see that long elusive week 9 run 3 on the horizon! Hope I haven't just jinxed myself πŸ™„πŸ€žπŸΌπŸ€!

Imc50
Imc50Graduate in reply to Delly-dot

Noooo you'll be fine, I stuck with Michael all the way through, but I know other people have switched

Timotea
TimoteaGraduate

Have been laid low with stomach bug.. so no running at the moment apart from to the loo! Well done you and I agree about Jo! Was briefly unfaithful to her but have switched back,

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Timotea

Poor you! Rest up, the runs will wait.

I really liked Jo. I wished I'd tried her as a coach earlier, but better late than never.

Wenderwoo
WenderwooGraduate

I found W8 tough, but then I find most runs tough. But W9 was a good week for some reason - maybe the excitement factor 😁

Well done, you’ve got this, and it’s not long now πŸ‘πŸ˜

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Wenderwoo

Thank you 😊

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Wenderwoo

Thanks Wenderwoo. I found last week hard going. Today's run was quite uneventful by comparison, I just plugged away at it. 😊

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate

Great running Delly-dot, wk9 and graduation just around the corner. Good luck and well done 😊😊

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Buddy34

Thank you 😊. That elusive week 9 that I’ve been hankering after for so long! Nearly there!

Buddy34
Buddy34Graduate in reply to Delly-dot

Wk9 was actually my best week of running

MartinKH
MartinKHGraduate

Well done Delly-dot, impressive that you adjusted your pace to keep going.

Keep up the great work, you’ve got this πŸ‘πŸƒβ€β™‚οΈπŸ’ͺπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to MartinKH

Thank you. It’s great to be in week 8!

Nilsam
NilsamGraduate

Wow, Delly-dot, so close to finish. Brilliant. Sound like you are going to smash it. Happy running πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Nilsam

Thank you Nilsam. Finishing line in view!

Nilsam
NilsamGraduate in reply to Delly-dot

Definitely. Enjoy next week. πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ‘

Sounding positive for W8! Here’s to those lighter nights and mornings now spring is around the corner.

I’ve had Jo’s voice all the way through. I find her tone is really encouraging. πŸŒΈπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸŒΈ

Fitat50plus
Fitat50plusGraduate

I listen to Jo Whiley - she is so calm and measured - I don't know what the others are like, but I couldn't stand someone with a shouty voice!

Delly-dot
Delly-dotGraduate in reply to Fitat50plus

Jo Whiley was great and I stuck with her right through to graduation after this run πŸ˜ŠπŸƒπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ.

You may also like...