Week 2 soon!: Hi All, I’m new to this and I’ve... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,912 members136,849 posts

Week 2 soon!

Glitterjav
GlitterjavGraduate

Hi All,

I’m new to this and I’ve just completed Week 1 which has blown me away as I have CFS and didn’t even think I’d be able to manage running! Finding that my hips really ache at the mo, anyone else have this?! Also, bit apprehensive moving on to Week 2, anyone find it much more difficult? Am doing this really to help my mental health more than anything.

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Great well done ive just started week two and finding my calves ache 🤔 maybe just need ro build strength

IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Welcome to the forum and well done on getting started.

This guide to the plan is essential reading healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

You are in control, so repeat any runs if you want to, but I recommend that if you have completed each workout, maintain that momentum and move on.

Do the stretches in the guide after every run. They ease aches and help prevent injury.

Enjoy your journey.

Glitterjav
GlitterjavGraduate
in reply to IannodaTruffe

Thank you! 👍🏻

Hi. We'll done you! Just completed week 1 too. Running seems to be a really good thing for mental health, so keep with it! Don't be apprehensive about it, you got out there and did week one. Do the same and show week 2 who's boss.

Glitterjav
GlitterjavGraduate
in reply to Campionissimo

Thanks! If I can’t manage it I’m going to repeat Week 1.

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Aches are your reminder that you’re awesome and making the muscles work... they go over time. You’re ready for week 2... there’s not much, if any difference, between brisk walk and conversational pace running, so if you look at the workout length start to finish, you’ll notice that it hardly changes week on week.

Glitterjav
GlitterjavGraduate

Thanks for the encouragement 😊

You may also like...