Patience is a virtue ( not mine though) - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
106,000 members136,974 posts

Patience is a virtue ( not mine though)

mafee
mafeeGraduate

Oh dear- I was too impatient to get that 20 minute run out of the way. I have had some right foot pain and had rested it for 2 days - then did a walk yesterday - which was OK but it hurt afterwards. This morning, I had pain below my lower calf which I shoved in a tubigrip and then ran on. oops - I am hobbling now -my own fault BUT I did manage to complete W5R3. The running was easy - it was the walking afterwards which hurt. I think I will HAVE to rest it some more now before week 6. But I am glad I got to this marker and am now able to run without the walks in between. Got the pace right as i managed to say Good Morning to all the dog walkers!

4 Replies
oldestnewest
IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Well done.

Do please learn the lesson. When you take into account that running can put up to seven times your bodyweight through your legs when running downhill, you realise that you need to nurture your body and not exacerbate injury by rushing back.

It is a rare runner who has not suffered an injury, so we all need to learn to listen to and respect our bodies and be patient.

Take care.

mafee
mafeeGraduate
in reply to IannodaTruffe

I know - you are right - I was impatient - but you told me off so nicely!!

IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator
in reply to mafee

I never tell anybody off................. I offer advice.

mafee
mafeeGraduate
in reply to IannodaTruffe

guilty conscience! thank you - You always reply and I know I need to rest it now - so I will - I promise!

You may also like...