Beginners : Just started this !! At first I... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
106,043 members137,000 posts

Beginners

Highttoilet19
Highttoilet19

Just started this !! At first I thought no way!! But after being convinced by a friend and downloading the app I thought !! why not, so today after struggling with getting out of bed, I just put my leggings, trainers a long sleeved top on and a light weight puffa, grabbed my hat, house keys and phone!!

I did as the app said, not bad, started to walk, and than jog when given instruction !!

I felt exhausted. But my motivation than kicked in and I have been so busy today, washing the car, hooping it, gardening all afternoon and now ironing !!

Also I haven’t had any alcohol as I am having a dry month!!

There is something wrong !! I did enjoy this this, and I will give it another shot.

Thank you

7 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done. I’ve just completed week 2. It was a tough run but worth it. Keep going. Remember that great feeling when you don’t feel like going out for a run.

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Welcome and well done... enjoying it is good, and you just did the hardest of all runs on a busy day... you can do this.

IannodaTruffe
IannodaTruffeAdministrator

Welcome to the forum and well done on getting started.

This guide to the plan is essential reading healthunlocked.com/couchto5...

Enjoy your journey.

I’m a newbie too 😮 I’m on week 1 run 3 tomorrow, it’s surreal as I am unfit & do NO form of exercise but I’m fed up of the sluggish way that I feel . Good luck with your programme, I’ll follow your progress. I’m very impressed with you doing dry January, I’m doing “dryish “ January 🍷cutting back but not completely 😊

Couchpotato2
Couchpotato2Graduate

I thought about doing dry January but then reckon that starting to run and swim might be enough things to change at first. I'll try and reduce a bit, maybe...

Welcome!

CookieM
CookieMGraduate

Well done for doing the hardest part - getting out of the door on the first run! Onwards to the next one now :)

Whatsapp
WhatsappGraduate

Well done, it was a couple of years ago now, but I remember the feeling after that first run vividly. Enjoy the programme, it will be the most wonderful experience. I'm still running now and loving it too.

You may also like...