Weeks 6&7 taken 3 weeks : Life has got in the... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,799 members136,654 posts

Weeks 6&7 taken 3 weeks

molly1973
molly1973Graduate

Life has got in the way a bit recently so I’m not getting three runs in per week: tonight I completed run 3 of week 7 after having completed run 2 on Sunday. Frustrating but it’s just how it is. Run 2 was awful: I had to walk for 30 seconds or so twice in the last 5 minutes which is the first time ever. Disappointing but I was getting pins & needles in my face so my breathing was really off! 😳 Tonight I have made a huge effort to slow down: in reality I was only 15secs slower per km but it felt like a snails pace!! Managed 25mins and feel good so I feel ready to progress to 28mins from Sunday 👍

4 Replies
oldestnewest
UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreAdministrator

Life does that... but you’ve fitted the runs in where you could and that’s just great. It doesn’t matter if this thing takes a few days longer, you’ll complete it and that’s all that counts. Great running. Some are tough, some are relatively easy... keep the pace down and enjoy the runs, you got this.

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Doing wonderfully.. and snails rock.. totally. Relax and enjoy the runs..let the new legs take you at their happy pace..

" Our easy pace, is our happy place!

molly1973
molly1973Graduate
in reply to Oldfloss

I like that mantra, OF!

ButtercupKid
ButtercupKidGraduate

You’re doing great ! Hope life is kinder to you as you conquer week 8 x

You may also like...