Couch to 5K
73,999 members105,901 posts

First Park Run today - brilliant!

Ran the Oxford park run today. It was so much more fun than running alone. I set off with trepidation but it was very welcoming and well organised. It was a genuine pleasure and I got round in less than 30mins - which was a minor miracle.

I recommend it to all - many runners were over 45mins - so you don’t have to hammer round.

Do it! You’ll love it!😀👍

15 Replies
oldestnewest

Congratulations on completing your first 5k parkrun at Oxford today and in less than 30 minutes, some say that they run PB times when running with a crowd as in a parkrun rather than on their own, my PB for a 5K is just over 32 minutes when running alone, who knows if I had been running a in a crowd it might have been just under 30 minutes.

Thanks v much 👍 It was really reassuring to make it round! I’m sure you’re time would be better- I ran a minute quicker.

Congratulations on setting a very respectable PB on your first parkrun. Sounds like you’ll be a regular runner now

Many thanks - it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience!😀

1 like

Well done - good time too! Bet you’re proud!

I also did my first parkrun today, but could only manage 36.45

Still, gives me something to aim at for next time

1 like

Thank you 👍 well done on your run! Excellent effort!

Great job!

Well done and glad you enjoyed it 🙌

Thank you so much!

I always enjoy reading about people running Park Runs, without a shadow of a doubt there must be some fun elements there but I can’t bring myself to run in groups. Even worse if it’s all organised and timed. I once found myself in my local park minutes before the Run kicked off. I wasn’t going to ditch my plans but neither was l willing to run with others. Soo, quick compromise was established. They all ran anti-clockwise and l faced them as l ran clockwise. 5K we all did and towards the end we knew each other’s faces quite well. ;)

Ha! Do what suits you best! You did it!

Congratulations, sounds like you had a great time. I'm nearly finished Week 9 and looking forward to doing my first Parkrun in a few weeks. Your post has encouraged me to do it.

It was much easier than a ‘normal’ run. I think adrenaline etc might have played its part. I struggle as I’m not a natural athlete - but this was enjoyable.

Get yourself signed up - run as slowly as you want - but I guarantee you’ll find it more enjoyable than your usual run.

Good luck and well done so far 😀

It was much easier than a ‘normal’ run. I think adrenaline etc might have played its part. I struggle as I’m not a natural athlete - but this was enjoyable.

Get yourself signed up - run as slowly as you want - but I guarantee you’ll find it more enjoyable than your usual run.

Good luck and well done so far 😀

Great time :)

Thanks!😀

You may also like...