5k interval run: There were meant to be 2 x... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

114,921 members146,671 posts

5k interval run

Maddee_6333
Maddee_6333Graduate

There were meant to be 2 x 6 minute intervals, but the second set defeated me.

It was one of those days when it didn’t seem to matter which way I was running, the wind was *always* in my face, or trying to knock me sideways.

To be honest, I’m just glad that I didn’t get rained on as it was definitely mizzling as I headed to the river. Maybe I should have taken the rainbow stretching toward it as a sign?

Anyway, one interval done at the pace that was required, so I’m counting that as a win.

Rubbish picture is rubbish because MapMyFitness is still doing this weird thing and telling me data is no longer available when I try and view ‘all data’ so I have to screen grab in the split second between it displaying the data and it telling me that the data I can *see* is no longer there 🧐

11 Replies
Slow_Rob
Slow_RobGraduate

Wow those are long intervals sections, well done Maddee_6333 on completing one 😊

Maddee_6333
Maddee_6333Graduate in reply to Slow_Rob

They are, aren’t they? Thanks 😀

Oldfloss
OldflossAdministrator

Go you... well done... :)

Maddee_6333
Maddee_6333Graduate in reply to Oldfloss

Thanks Floss 😀

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreGraduate

Tough intervals... well done, good run... and you can kick the second interval’s ass next time.

Maddee_6333
Maddee_6333Graduate in reply to UnfitNoMore

Here’s hoping. I barely did any running over the summer when it was so hot, so I’m playing catch up!

UnfitNoMore
UnfitNoMoreGraduate in reply to Maddee_6333

I was crazy enough to start this in the heat... loving this cooler weather though, and I don’t think it’s a big coincidence that it got easier when the weather broke... so I’m not sure I’ll do more than tick over next time it’s that hot... of course I probably got 40 years to wait 😂

Maddee_6333
Maddee_6333Graduate in reply to UnfitNoMore

Wow! It is a lot easier when the weather is cooler.

skysue16
skysue16Graduate

Technology 😬!

Can you explain the intervals please. I am confused by the chart (brain not in gear this morning 😉).

Maddee_6333
Maddee_6333Graduate in reply to skysue16

Well there’s only one ‘fast’ interval on it - it’s the stretch of taller spikes that starts between the o and the c of the lettering that isn’t supposed to be there, and finishes at the first a in the word ‘data’.

The peculiar, really variable, bit at the beginning is where I started running and then two other dogs bounded up to meet us making me stop for a bit, and then me setting off again.

skysue16
skysue16Graduate in reply to Maddee_6333

Ahh, I understand it better now - Thank you 😊

You may also like...