Couch to 5K
79,265 members โ€ข 110,534 posts

W5R1

Morning lovely joggers :)

So, I have been quite rubbish AGAIN...I haven't jogged since the 11th Sept ๐Ÿ™Š

Today I'm back on it! I don't know why I find it so hard to fit it in 3 times a week haha I think I'm always thinking "I'm too busy today, I'll do it tomorrow"

I need to set days that I do it I think ๐Ÿ™‚ is anyone else like this?

Thought I'd share a little photo of yesterday's walk...could have been a jog...no excuse ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ™ˆ

Xx

10 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Awwww I love your dog! โค๏ธโค๏ธ

Is that where you also run? It looks beautiful! So why werenโ€™t you?! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

Pop on those trainers, take your lovely doggie and get out there! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Youโ€™ll feel so great when youโ€™re done.

Go on Lauren ...... gooooo! ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ•

2 likes

Aw thanks lovely, he's a good boy but I wouldn't be able to concentrate if I jogged with him as he likes to stop a lot to sniff (Beagle trait haha)

I'm thinking of maybe getting one of those waist clip thingys where your dog's attached to you? Hmmm...

I usually use the treadmill but getting fed up of being on the same spot. So I may go for a jog in the countryside today where people will see me ahhhh ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

How are you getting on with it? ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

I highly recommend trying to run with your dog! Mine almost always accompanies me on a hands free lead, but being a girlie, thereโ€™s less sniffing I guess! ๐Ÿ• Do try though, itโ€™s lovely!

Youโ€™ll also love it being outside. So much more to see - and donโ€™t worry about people seeing you. If theyโ€™re runners, theyโ€™ll think good for you. If theyโ€™re not, theyโ€™ll think they should be!! ๐Ÿ˜…

Iโ€™m currently on the voluntary injury couch this week. Dicky toe led to my heel pain flaring up, but itโ€™s much better and Iโ€™ll be back out next Monday. Loving doing parkrun and 5ks in general! ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€

Have fun! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

Ahh you jog with your pooch? ๐Ÿถ how lovely ๐Ÿ™‚

I think I may nip into town this morning & buy a waist lead then I can jog with him.

Yeaaah I know that's true that people won't really care haha but I just worry ๐Ÿ˜‚ What am I like?!

Oh bless you ๐Ÿ˜ž Yes, make sure you rest it and then you'll be back up & running on Monday ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ

1 like

Definitely get one Lauren! You and your dog will love running together! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ Mine trots alongside happily, and because I have the waistband done up loosely, she can change sides if she likes without me having to do anything as it swivels. ๐Ÿ‘

Good luck and let us know how you get on! I personally canโ€™t wait for Monday. Iโ€™ve missed running this week - something I never thought Iโ€™d say! ๐Ÿ˜…

1 like

Oh fabulous ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป I'll definitely get one! Can I ask which one you have lovely? I think I'll just be nipping to Pets at Home as I need to go into town anyway today.

Ah that's great that you're looking forward to it ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜€

I do look forward to it BUT then the day gets here & I take the dog out first then I want to get on ๐Ÿ™ˆ

The only option is to take the pooch with me on my run haha ๐Ÿ˜€ Killing two birds with one stone and all that hehe ๐Ÿ’—

1 like

Mineโ€™s a Barkswell lead. I got it off Amazon on sale (half price on Prime sale - down from ยฃ34.00 to ยฃ17.00 or so) ๐Ÿ˜€

I like it. The lead is slightly elasticated, it has a grab handle if you need to stop the dog suddenly, and it comes with a detachable pouch for keys/phone/poo bags etc). I wouldnโ€™t go back to a normal lead for running now.

I agree, running = dog exercise too. Win-win! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ•๐Ÿ˜€

Gorgeous run location and doggie too! No excuses for you!

Set your days..it works... sometimes life does throw a spanner in, but that is only occasionally. I run Sunday, Tuesday and Fridays... readjusting sometimes if necessary...

If you set the pattern going, it becomes a glorious habit... something to look forward to and embrace... :)

Just get out there...for goodness sake, that looks beautiful and is it flat too ... ??? Sigh x

1 like

I try to stick to a Monday (run group) Wednesday i do C25K run and Saturday i join in still doing C25K app, but doing Park Run, i find works better for me if i stick to these days and have a set pattern, if i was on a mind set to just go out whenever, I'd probably never do it.

Good Luck with your running journey.

Your running buddy looks sssssssoooooooooooooooo cute

2 likes

Yes, I needed a schedule when I started this (I still do, but only to stop me running now) and thereโ€™s nothing wrong with that. Youโ€™ve worked so hard to get where you are in this programme, all you gotta do is get on it, and get yourself addicted to running.

2 likes

You may also like...