Poor run in Cyprus! : Well the 1st run went well... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

113,428 members145,725 posts

Poor run in Cyprus!

PaulaGullett
PaulaGullettGraduate

Well the 1st run went well so thought there was no reason why the 2nd one shouldn’t be the same? ... wrong .... terrible run on the treadmill. Thought I’d speed up slightly as I’ve been keeping a steady pace for quite a few runs now. Not sure if I was properly hydrated, too much sun, not eating quite as healthily or a combination of all but struggled for the last 10 mins so couldn’t manage a 30min run 🏃‍♀️ Hope my mojo returns soon!

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Maybe your mojo was having a short break - I'm sure it will be back soon. Maybe slow down a bit again? (I am a huge believer in slowing down 🐌🐌🐌)

Have fun in Cyprus!

PaulaGullett
PaulaGullettGraduate in reply to Languid_Lil

Yes you’re right need to slow down.

steviej99
steviej99Graduate

Don't worry Paula. The temptation to run faster or further when you feel great is hard to resist. Just remember you are training not racing! Avoid fatigue and injury, that's the key. You've done so well, your mojo hasn't gone anywhere it's taking a rest and you should to and you feel great when you get back on the treadmill!!

PaulaGullett
PaulaGullettGraduate in reply to steviej99

Thanks, been reasonably lucky throughout this programme and only had a couple of bad runs. But realise you can just have a bad day

Jonno34
Jonno34Graduate

Where in Cyprus?

PaulaGullett
PaulaGullettGraduate

It’s a Mediterranean island near Turkey

Jonno34
Jonno34Graduate in reply to PaulaGullett

I know where it is I live here! Always on the look out for someone to run with!

PaulaGullett
PaulaGullettGraduate in reply to Jonno34

😂😂 sorry! I was in Paphos! I’m back in the uk now but maybe next time

You may also like...