Advice on running watch : Hi I am looking at... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K

109,538 members141,448 posts

Advice on running watch

Myrar
MyrarGraduate

Hi I am looking at getting a new activity tracker and looked at the Garmin 35 does anyone have one ? Is is worth buying ?..I do have a cheap tracker at the moment but it's so inaccurate ..

12 Replies
oldestnewest
kickibro
kickibroGraduate

Have you checked on Ebay? Maybe get a secondhand one?

Myrar
MyrarGraduate in reply to kickibro

Thanks kickibro ...Yea that's the plan ..But not sure if there very accurate or not as I don't know anyone with one

Dbbd
DbbdGraduate

Hi just wrote reply for u & it’s disappeared! Gggrrrrrr . Anyways to sum up I have one & love it great for recording the basics time distance & pace. Really easy to work city technophobe like me.

Myrar
MyrarGraduate in reply to Dbbd

Thanks dbbd ..I love tec stuff ..Think I will try and get one ..Just wasn't sure about accuracy 😊

Dbbd
DbbdGraduate in reply to Myrar

Accuracy is spot on with Strava- I was using runkeeper previously thinking I was doin great then realised I was about 2K out’ 😝🤪🤪ignorance was bliss as they say......

Myrar
MyrarGraduate in reply to Dbbd

Hi dbbd ..It's runkeeper I use at the moment ..Oh dear I'm well out then ...Might try strava until I get my watch😊😊

Dbbd
DbbdGraduate in reply to Myrar

Ha ha maybe not, think it just depends if ur coverage- no one is worse than me 😩😫🤪😫

telford_mike
telford_mikeGraduate

Definitely get one if you can find it at the right price. I bought myself one (Garmin 235) as a graduation present. It's way more accurate than my phone and gives so much more info. I think the 35 is quite a new model so probably a good choice. Be warned, you can get obsessive about the stats it gives you!

Myrar
MyrarGraduate in reply to telford_mike

Thanks ..I will defo go for it ..Birthday soon so wee present on the cards 😊.Thanks for the info ..👍

Kerrylh
KerrylhGraduate

I have just had the garmin 35 delivered bought my partner it for his birthday on charge now so hopefully I got the right one 😁

Myrar
MyrarGraduate in reply to Kerrylh

Oh very nice ...I'm hoping I get one too ☺️☺️

Kerrylh
KerrylhGraduate in reply to Myrar

So am I my birthdays October 🤣

You may also like...