Soft Tissue Injury: It's been 8 months since I... - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
105,865 members136,767 posts

Soft Tissue Injury

Mazzy106
Mazzy106

It's been 8 months since I last ran, I was two runs away from graduation but suddenly overnight after a 30 minute run on the treadmill, I developed a left inner ankle pain and stiffness which has just stopped me in my tracks! It's been a very long road so far, but several Gp appointments, a Private appointment, Two x-rays, physio, anti-inflammatories, gels, painkillers, exercises, stretches and an MRI later (still waiting for appointment with Consultant to discuss MRI), it appears that I have a bumpy ankle-bone and some soft-tissue injury. I am still none the wiser of what I can do to help alleviate this problem, ( it also impacts on my everyday life with standing, walking etc). so please if anyone else has had the same problem and can offer me any advice whatsoever, I would be eternally grateful as I'm feeling so cheesed-off and frustrated at the moment!

1 Reply
oldestnewest
Mrsjhw
MrsjhwGraduate

If you’ve damaged ligaments it feels like forever before they stop hurting. Maybe ask for more physio? That’s what has always helped me.

You may also like...