Wk9 R3 - I've done C25K! and my first Parkrun - Couch to 5K

Couch to 5K
82,833 members β€’ 114,323 posts

Wk9 R3 - I've done C25K! and my first Parkrun

I didn't think during early weeks that I'd be doing 30+ minutes without having to stop! I did my first Parkrun in Poole today and I think I enjoyed it; for me a bit later and so a bit warmer than normal. Now all I have to do is build my endurance, so that I can run for even longer periods. By the way what a great venue!

I have 15 weeks to my first, and probably last big run. I've got to sort out which programme/schedule to follow to get there. But I've achieved my first goal, so why not my next one.

Good luck to everyone else who might have some doubts - just go for it! It's very satisfying and you can feel superior, which is a good feeling!

9 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Big congrats on your graduation. Well done it is a brilliant achievement !! :) :)

Thank you - all I need to do now is 'keep going'! πŸ˜ŽπŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜Ž

1 like

Definitely keep it up, you've worked so hard to get this far and now you have so many options. But for today enjoy your success and celebrate!! :)

Well done. Great feeling of achievement isn't it! πŸ˜„

Thank you Thank you, it is possible to get from nothing to 30+ minutes.

πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ ... and a bonus, I've learnt how to use Emojis!

1 like

Well done!! Two big achievements in one day!!

What's the next "big goal" btw?

Hi sorry for delay; I've put my name down for a half marathon. It's a big step up of course, I know that, but hey it's got to be done!

I'm not feeling too bad about it, as if I need to I'll do a run/walk/run! But personal pride says I'll run and run and run and run and run. I've just got to get the miles in! πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈπŸ˜œ

My problem is boredom; I've found my pace, I think, but podcasts, music and a beautiful location can't stop me getting bored. Again hey it's got to be done.

Thanks for your encouragement. πŸƒπŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Well done! πŸ˜ƒπŸŽ‰πŸ˜ƒπŸŽ‰πŸ€£

Brilliant well done πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ

You may also like...