Couch to 5K
71,619 members103,620 posts

I'm back on the program

Hi everyone. I've not posted in ages (maybe 8 months), totally fell off the running wagon when I tried to make the transition from treadmill to outside. But I'm back on it, having completed week 2 last night, in the heat! Also started slimming world and lost 11.5lbs in my first week. Second week was a more realistic -1.5, ha. Looking forward to reconnecting and being inspired by all you lovely people x

PS, admins, maybe I need to re-earn my graduate badge

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Welcome back Carolinemcd! Nice to have your experience back in the room and on the road! ❤️

1 like

Thank you!

Welcome back and Wowzers re slimming world. I only ever managed ½ - 1lb every week. PLEASE share how you did that the first week!!! 😄

I also found it hard to get the confidence to go outside and stuck to the trusty treadmill through most of the programme. Having lung disease i find I notice car fumes when running that I’m not conscious of when walking so feel safer in the gym. Up in the lakes tho the air is fine and I discovered I really like it outside much better. Good luck with week 3 x

1 like

Lol I think it was a case of the new brush sweeping clean. I didn’t stray off the rule path, very few syns and also starting c25k and walking all in one week. The program is easier with every pound gone.

Thank you!

2 likes

Well done and welcome back (even though I wasn’t here before and you were and oh this is an embarrassing situation and I think I’ll stop) 😜

2 likes

Thank you! A nice warm welcome is appreciated

1 like

Excellent and someone who appreciates a warm welcome is always warmly welcomed 🤣

1 like

We could go on like this for a while!

1 like

No, you hang up.

1 like

Haha

You may also like...