Couch to 5K
81,319 members112,617 posts

W6R1 - Better than W5R3?!

Been lurking on here for a while so thought I'd pluck up some courage and actually post something!

I just finished W6R1 today, having read about how difficult it can be on here, and 3.9k later, I survived! Weirdly though, I am more proud of getting through this one than I was W5R3, has anyone else felt like that?

Looking forward to W6R2 Sat!

17 Replies
oldestnewest

I’ve just got back from Run 1 of Week 6. I wasn’t looking forward to it after all that I’d read, and it was tough but pleased as punch that I did it! Well done you. You’ve every right to feel very pleased!

1 like

This is funny I've literally just commented on your W6R1 post! Well done to you as well!

1 like

😂 👍

I felt this way but I hadn't joined healthunlocked at that point and hadn't heard about w6r1 being harder than w5r3. I was so motivated by knowing that I could run for 20 minutes solidly that I found w6r1 mentally much easier

2 likes

Yes thats exactly how I felt, I could actually enjoy it because there wasn't any scariness around it!

1 like

Nice one Becky! You are doing so well! No need to lurk any more! 😀

2 likes

Thanks Simon! :D

Well done Becky!! I hated W6R1 with a passion. R2 I knew what to expect. After that it was just straightforward (or not) running about. Sounds like you've cracked this now.

Hurry along to the podium of Everlasting Fame and Gloriousness :-)

1 like

1 like

There are lots of experiences shared of that one being a challenging run, so you’re right to be very pleased. Well done you! Good luck for the rest of W6 and beyond! ❤️

1 like

Thank you!

1 like

Hey Becky, just wanted to wish you luck with R2 of W6 today. I’m heading out about 10am. We CAN do this! 👍 x

1 like

Thanks, you too! How funny I'm heading out around 9:30/10 as well - let me know how you get on! WE CAN DO IT! x

2 likes

I saw your other post. Well done on run 2 - awesome job! I’ve just got in. I went out a little later than planned as my kids’ Dad was late picking them up grrrr! This meant it was hot out there. But I did it! Run 2 - done. Roll on run 3 😊

I was on a slow roll today Becky and Blonde but I hope you’ve both had a fantastic run! We’re getting close!! 😁😁❤️❤️

2 likes

Hey, I’ve just got in from my run. Boy it’s hot out there! Well done on your run. I found it tough but I didn’t struggle to finish either run so happy. We are getting close!! 👍

1 like

That’s brilliant! Well done you! I felt exactly the same! 😱 what has happened? Don’t know, but I’m loving it!! ❤️❤️

You may also like...