Couch to 5K
60,174 members92,819 posts

WK5 R2

Note to self listen properly to Michael, I thought he said I was running a 5 and two 8’s so I got very confused when I ran and ran and ran what felt like the longest fecking five minutes of my life , when he said 60 seconds left until 8 mins I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry 😭.

I had such a stitch on the walk so tried blowing my stomach out like Michael suggests, this is not an attractive look 😬.

Any way I ran another 8 mins and feel very proud of myself , I ran five minutes less than I thought I had to which in itself made me happy 😃

22 Replies
oldestnewest

Brilliant! Well done! 5 minutes can already feel like a lifetime so when you add on another half a lifetime you end up with eternity!😂😂

I have the same run later! 😀

2 likes

Good luck 😉 I am still buzzing with the achievement 😃 If Michael could see what I look like when I run he would cry with laughter 😘

1 like

Haha! I bet you are a vision in motion! 🏃‍♀️

1 like

Ignore _SimonT_ Amanda. He's just jealous :-)

1 like

Tho from what I've gathered on "Surprising Internet Cams in Rural Derbyshire.com", pretty hot from behind on the treadmill. It's those Bakewell Tarts that do it...

I’m looking forward to doing my new running ‘I’m riding a bucking bronco’ impression 😂

1 like

😂

Btw I do like a nice Bakewell tart (insert punchline of your choice here) 😂

I'd rather see you over the line and on the podium *checks temperature *

Yes I did just write that.

Go take out that next run and slap it around till it stops wriggling

Yes boss! 😀

My Hero!!

1 like

Great job. All that progress in a month!

1 like

😂😂😂

It can be so confusing, but you did it, and it made you happy.

Well done.

1 like

I totally get the "I'm really happy because I didn't have to not run as far as I wasn't sure whether I had to (or not) but then I both did and didn't, but MJ scares me" vibe going on here....

At least you don't have to worry about complicated numbers next time!!

[Cue loud maniacal laughter and the sounds of screaming furry animals...]

1 like

Well done you...slow and steady as you leave this great week and move onwards:)

1 like

Ha ha! Well done for getting through it. I have Laura & when she tells me at the beginning what we're gonna be doing I always think what?!!? It's always like one of those riddles to me - those awful ones that go if it takes 8 men to fill 5 baths with 28 gallons of water - etc. No clue - so I just go with the flow - well struggle with the flow.....

3 likes

If only the question at the end was "How many cakes can you eat?" Maybe one day... :-)

1 like

Yeah - now THAT I could answer!

I tried to explain to a friend the whole walk run thing her eyes glazed over so we just carried on drinking wine 🍷

2 likes

Careful. I just spat tea over my keyboard!!

It's when they get this strange haunted look and start to glance over your shoulder and start trembling...

My lovely daughter was so proud of me we opened a bag of kettle crisps.... down with kids thats me 😉

1 like

Nicely done. In a few months you'll think nothing of an 8 minute run 😊🏃🏼‍♀️

1 like

You may also like...