Couch to 5K
60,172 members92,816 posts

Hello! Do we celebrate NRV’s here?

Hello! I’ve just completed wk6r3 and thought I join here and introduce myself!

I’m Lainey and I’m actually enjoying running (well, I enjoy rest day, and completing each run...can’t say I enjoy the ACTUAL run thing 😐😂)

I had a Non Running Victory (NRV) this week at work when I had to run for an emergency and actually thought “Oooo this feels good! I can actually sprint for something without everything aching and getting out of breath!” Might have had a slightly inappropriate grin on my face!!

What NRVs have you had that go to show your fitness is improving? xx

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Hey, I’m due to do W6 R1 on Sunday ( never been a runner)

My NRV was when my Grandchildren ask me to run up the road with them

I felt comfortable doing it 👍

2 likes

That’s brilliant! I like it when these small victories are realised! 😊

I’m able to walk from my desk to the local shopping area and back up the long hill and use the stairs to the third floor whilst holding a conversation. I used to be breathless and over heating!

I also just generally feel so much more confident in every setting. I’m proud of myself for getting this far and massively benefitting from the mental release running is giving me.

3 likes

One day a while ago, I found myself on the wrong side of town, late for a meeting. I got some funny looks as I jogged along in my suit, but made it on time without breaking a sweat :) Grand.

1 like

Love that image:)

Well done... !

After starting C25K... the first time my Practice Nurse said to me, after my well woman check.. well.. everything checks out fine... and your results are on a par with a 33 year old.. BP, Heart Rate etc etc.. I was 65 nearly 66!

4 likes

That is cool!

I'm just finding I've got more energy - running upstairs, walking faster - etc. Good luck with the rest of your running.

You may also like...