Couch to 5K
54,826 members87,337 posts

Week 8 Run 1 - ✅ I ran for 28mins!! 💪🏼

Week 8 Run 1 - ✅ I ran for 28mins!! 💪🏼

Well who would have thought those tiny extra 3 minutes would bring such elation on completing the run?!

Firstly though started off a bit fast for the 1st 5 minutes. Completely slowed it down till I caught my breath again 😉. But then the time just flew and despite how tired I was starting to feel I sprinted the last minute! Feeling great!!

Good luck to everyone with their runs this weekend especially my week 8 buddies. 👍🏼

20 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! It's a brilliant feeling isn't it. Nice to tackle it early in the morning too! Extra brownie points for you! 😉

1 like

Thank you! The feeling at the end makes it all worth it!! 😬😬

1 like

Very well done, you are doing great.🌟👏👏

1 like

Thank you!!

You go girl, woohoo and finished in style. Well done!!! Enjoy the after glow. Hope to experience the same tomorrow morning, maybe :)

Thanks! I probably looked cooler in my head than in person!!😂 Good luck tomorrow!

1 like

Excellent! Well done. Hoping to do this tomorrow.

1 like

You’ll do great!!

1 like

Well done, how far you have come, I remember you saying something about struggling with the last bit of week 4, now look at you ..brilliant

1 like

I know!!! That was first post. I am so proud of myself - thank you legs! 😬

2 likes

I too started too fast for about the first 10 mins then had to slow as my breathing wasn’t getting any easier, I didn’t moan so much in this run mainly cos I cdn’t breathe enough to amongst all the nose blowing!! But yes, as you say, the sense of achievement after that extra 3 mins is great!! Roll on run 2 on Sunday. .

1 like

I think I was getting ahead of myself!! Good luck with run 2. Mine is Monday. 👍🏼

1 like

Well done 😀got mine today 🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️🏃🏻‍♀️

2 likes

Good luck - sure you’ll smash it. 💪🏼

1 like

Well done, every successful run is an achievement in its own right, got my W7R3 Tomorrow all being well, back on the road tomorrow after a week of treadmill so a bit apprehensive but will give it my best shot

1 like

Thanks! Good luck with your run. 👍🏼

1 like

Well done! I’m starting week 8 this morning too after repeating week 7 last week (25 mins of running ruined me lol). I’m hoping I enjoy it as much as you! The Littledown is a nice place to run😊

1 like

Thanks! Assume you’re in Bmth too? I’d say ‘enjoy’ is a little strong whilst running 😬 but aftee finishing was!! Good luck with yours. Keep it slow to start - learn from my mistake. 💪🏼💪🏼

Well done, you’re cruising!!

Thanks Jenny!

You may also like...