Couch to 5K
62,102 members94,825 posts

Where do I resume?

Hi all, I'm a 7 week post graduate, I've been running 5k 3 x week since completing c25k.

For the last 2 weeks I've been really poorly with toncillitis which then turned into Quincy's!

I'm feeling much better and am itching to get back out running, but not sure whether I carry on where I left off or not?

Will two week's of not running make a difference, should I build up gradually?

I'd appreciate any advise 😘

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done for completing the programme of course :) I've been in quite a similar situation to you a few weeks back, not having run for a bit. I had also been running 5ks and 30 minute runs, though not quite 3 times a week(!). What I did which seemed to work, was to run Week 5 Run 3 again, just to give myself confidence, which it did. Then I did week 6 run 3 for the next run, then for my third run getting back to it, I did the full 30 minutes. I repeated that once more I think, then went for 5k, which was fine.

Your mileage may well vary, and you might not need to work back up to it like I did, but it seemed to work for me :) I've also found the C25K+ podcasts really really helpful. I'm doing the speed one next, having done the "stepping stone" one a couple of times.

All the best! Neil

1 like

Thanks for the reply 😊 that sounds like a good plan!

I'd been using Laura's podcasts as part of my consolidation, there fab. Love listening to someone in my ears...

2 likes

Will you report back and tell us how you get on? It’d be great to hear. I didn’t really enjoy the music on the C25K podcasts, so I used the app, but I’m loving the Audiofuel stuff, although Laura’s insistence upon keep saying 1-2-3-4 every few seconds, is helping me to develop grace lol!

Of course I will😊 I used the c25k app and listened to my own music, but like you love the audiofuel music on the podcasts! Btw love the "developing grace" comment 😆

1 like

So went out for my first post illness run...all was fine 😊Ran with my music at my own pace and didn't push it, nice little 3k! No breathlessness, sore legs etc. Feeling confident about getting back to my 5k runs 💪👍

1 like

Well done, really pleased it went well. It’s nice to get back to it after a break, isn’t it?

1 like

You will not lose condition in two weeks.

1 like

No, carry on, maybe just do 3k run first time back...

1 like

You may also like...