Couch to 5K
63,986 members97,035 posts

5th Parkrun and progress

5th Parkrun and progress

5 ? Is that all? haha , well I work silly shifts so rarely make more than 1 or 2 a month .

Since I started C25K over a year ago now (phew) Ive battled on and lost over 1 and a half stone and regulary plodding the local streets and parkrun with occasional runs through the new forest and calshot beach. Ive never felt so good and whats more today I finally got 5k under 30 mins by a damn second . My parkrun time was 29.59! So chuffed. Anyone just beginning your journey don't give up , keep pushing , keep surprising yourself. You can and will smash your expectations!

17 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done! 🏆

1 like

Brillant.🌟

Great post.👏👏

1 like

Great post. Congrats on your best time!

1 like

Well done! This is so inspirational- thanks for posting. Running is fantastic, eh? 👏💪😀

1 like

It is and the sun today just makes it all worth it! Ive actually quit the gym for now and finally shook my treadmill shackles! :D Thankyou!

1 like

I’m a straight bloke but I can’t help but say you look fantastic!

I’m hoping to shed weight once I’ve got this running thing cracked.

1 like

Haha , Its cool man. There is a long way to go but the changes already really took me by suprise! Thankyou.

1 like

Wow, well done! I’m hoping the weight loss kicks in for me too, I’m only one run post graduating so aiming to hopefully make this running malarkey a habit and have the confidence to move on from the treadmill :)

Well done! you're absolutely amazing, by any chance do you do the southampton parkrun too? It was lovely this morning

1 like

Yes indeed I do. I had just finished a 12 hour night shift so was touch and go I'd make it. But I get few opportunities so I pushed myself to go and the result couldn't of been better. Was glad to have the main route back! Hope you had a great morning too.

What did you do to get sub 30? I’m 4 mins off and 2 weeks after graduation. I’m increasing to 10k one night a week. Any advice?

Well done on your sub 30. You’ve come such a long way! You look like you’ve lost much more than a stone and a half! You look great 👍🏽

thankyou. And Im really not sure. In part its down to the fast course , starting further up the start line with less people to fight through. Secondly I just tried not to blow all my energy in one go , just kept pushing and pushed more up the hill as i usually go close to walking pace on those sectors. Had a good feeling about today before I went and the result was spot on.

1 like

Well done on the weight loss- you look great. I was just thinking that it looks like more than 1.5 stone as Tash said. Brilliant.

2 likes

Wow! Well done on the weight loss and the sub 30 minute 5K!! They are both amazing achievements 👍

2 likes

Wow that’s great , an inspiration!

1 like

Thankyou thankyou all! It all started here!

Wow! Fab Work!

1 like

You may also like...